This butternut squash risotto recipe is a great seasonal variation on a basic risotto recipe, full of flavour with a creamy texture it will fill you up on crisp autumnal evenings!
Butternut Squash 450 g
Olive Oil 22 g
Salt 1 g
Pepper 1 g
Almonds 20 g
Maple Syrup 15 g
Water 2000 ml
Vegetable Stock Cube 10 g
Butter 20 g
Onion 150 g
Garlic 6 g
Arborio Rice 350 g
White Wine 225 ml
Parmesan 75 g
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Cut the squash and place on a baking sheet and coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 25 minutes until the squash is tender.
2. Mix the almonds with maple syrup in an ovenproof dish and put in the oven for 5 minutes until golden.
3. Make up the vegetable stock and set aside.
4. Add butter and olive oil to pan and heat until melted. Add the onions and cook until they become translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
5. To the same pan add the risotto rice and stir until combined. Add the wine and cook for a couple of minutes until completely absorbed.
6. Add the saffron and vegetable stock one ladle at a time, continuously stirring. Once the stock has been absorbed by the rice add more. Continue this step until all the stock is gone.
7. Once the rice is cooked stir in the parmesan, the butternut squash and garnish with almonds.
Submit a review