Luke, from our Active Kids course, has provided this tasty chicken goujon recipe. So easy to make and a source of protein for growing bodies!
Chicken fillets 600 g
Plain Flour 60 g
Salt 1 g
Black Pepper 1 g
Eggs 120 g
Breadcrumbs 100 g
Parmesan Cheese 50 g
Sunflower Oil 30 ml (3 tbsp)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (gas mark 6) and place a baking tray in the oven to preheat.
2. Cut the chicken into goujons, the size of a big finger (1 X 10cm).
3. Place the flour, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl or sealed plastic bag.
4. Place the beaten eggs in another bowl.
5. Mix the breadcrumbs and finely grated cheese together and place in a bowl or bag as well.
6. Toss the goujons in the seasoned flour, making sure they do not stick together, then remove. Shake off the excess flour and dip them in the beaten egg. Remove from the egg, letting the excess drip off, and toss into the breadcrumb and cheese mix. Shake off the excess and lay the goujons on a plate.
7. Drizzle the base of the preheated baking tray with the oil and lay the floured and seasoned goujons in a single layer. Bake in the oven for about 12 - 18 minutes, turning the goujons over halfway through, or when golden on one side. When fully cooked, remove from the oven and serve.
Submit a review