This dish not only tastes delicious but is also gluten free and egg free!
Potatoes 600 g
Water 200 ml
Olive Oil 10 ml
Chicken Thighs 200 g
Garlic Gloves 35 g
Soy Sauce 30 g
Onion (sliced) 150 g (1 unit)
Savoy Cabbage 160 g
Salt 1 g
Pepper 1 g
Whole Milk 80 ml
1. Cut the potatoes into small chunks and place in a saucepan with boiling water. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes, until soft but not falling apart.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a frying pan and add the chicken thighs and garlic cloves. Cook for approximately until golden brown and juices run clear.
3. Drain the potatoes, keeping 200ml of the potato-cooking water for the gravy. Add this to the soy sauce in a small pan and simmer with the sliced onion for approximately 10 minutes.
4. Blanch the cabbage for 2 minutes, and lightly crush the potatoes. Season and add a little milk to soften the mix, and then add the cabbage to finish the 'colcannon' mash.
5. Now plate the mash with the chicken and garlic cloves on top, with the onion gravy around the side.
Submit a review