A low fat dish with coley, a delicately flavoured fish. Whip up this curried-fish dish in a short time.
Long Grain Rice 200 g
Onion 150 g
Curry Powder 5 g
Coley Fillet (skinned and cut) 300 g
Spinach 80 g
Milk 100 ml
Pepper 1 g
Salt 1 g
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for approx 8-10 minutes. Check that it is fully cooked and then drain well.
2. While this is cooking, heat the oil in the frying pan and add the chopped onion. Cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
3. Add the curry powder and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Now add the fish and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. At this stage the fish will take on the colour and flavour of the spices.
4. Now add the spinach to the fish and stir in the drained rice. This will start to break up the fish, flaking it nicely through the rice.
5. Finally, add the milk and cook for 2 minutes. Season to taste and serve immediately.
Submit a review