This is a chicken casserole with a crispy potato topping and loaded with onion to enhance the flavours. Perfect for the whole family, it's low in fat, saturated fat, salt and sugar.
Onions 270 g
Chicken Thighs 480 g
Chicken Stock Cube 10 g (1 unit)
Water for the Stock 500 ml
Potatoes 800 g
Butter 5 g
Salt 1 g
Pepper 1 g
1. Preheat the oven to 200C .
2. In a casserole dish, add the onions, followed by the chicken thighs, and top with the hot stock until it covers all the ingredients by approximately 1 cm. Don't cover by any more than this or the potatoes will not brown.
3. Slice the potatoes into thin slices, keeping the skin on for extra nutrients and taste. Layer them across the top of the chicken until fully covered.
4. Add the butter in small pieces across the top and season the potatoes before placing in the oven for 50 minutes.
5. When cooked, the potatoes will be crispy and golden on the top and the chicken succulent and fully flavoured by the stock and onions underneath.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before tucking in.
Submit a review