This Cauliflower and Pear Bake is a great twist on the traditional family bake. This delicious low fat recipe provides you with more than your recommended dietary reference intake of Vitamin C!
Pears 300 g (3 units)
Eggs 240 g (4 units)
Salt 2 g
Pepper 1 g
Nutmeg 1 g
Breadcrumbs 40 g
Red Peppers 360 g (2 units)
Black Olives 30 g
Mushrooms 30 g
Onions 60 g
Parsley 10 g
1. Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower, chop into florets and wash. Drop them into a large pan of boiling water. After 10 minutes, add the pear slices and cook until just tender.
2. Drain and put the cauliflower, pears, beaten eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and breadcrumbs into a liquidiser and blend.
3. Preheat the oven 180C/Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a large baking dish. Pour a quarter of the cauliflower mixture into the dish. Cover with half of the red pepper and olive slices.
4. Now pour in another quarter of the cauliflower mixture and cover it with the mushrooms and chopped onions.
5. Repeat a cauliflower layer and then add the remaining red pepper and olive slices. Top with the remaining cauliflower.
6. Bake for 30-45 minutes until the top is golden. Finally, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Submit a review