Rhubarb pie time? Rhubarb is a long, stalky plant that looks quite a bit like celery. It can range in color from deep red to light pink, and even pale green. It is packed with B-complex vitamins, and Vitamin A and K. When rhubarb’s in season it is worth trying this gorgeous egg free, coeliac friendly pie!!
Gluten Free All Purpose Flour 120 g
Gluten Free Oats 120 g
Cane Sugar 115 g
Margarine 125 g
Strawberries (sliced) 330 g
Rhubarb (sliced) 250 g
Water 45 ml
Cane Sugar 45 g
1. Preheat oven to 180C and prepare a baking pie dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the gluten free flour, oats and cane sugar.
3. Add margarine and using a dough cutter or a knife keep slicing through the margarine to combine with the dry ingredients.
4. Remove about 1 cup of the mixture onto a small bowl and set aside.
5. Add the water into the large bowl with the crumbs and gently mix. Scoop out the dough onto the baking pie dish.
6. Start pressing down the dough with your fingers to cover the full base.
7. Don't forget to go up onto the sides of the pie dish to form sides, this will prevent the juices from flowing out.
8. In another bowl, mix the sliced strawberries and rhubarb together with additional 3 tablespoons of raw cane sugar. Spread out the fruit on top of the pie crust and even out the top.
9. Back to the "crumble" that's set aside, add 2 more tablespoons of raw cane sugar, mix to combine and sprinkle on top of the pie evenly.
10. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 30-40 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes minimum before serving.
Submit a review