A slighly different approach to using in-season mixed berries - here they're combined with a fruit loaf topping to delicious effect. Easy to cook and vegetarian-friendly.
Mixed Berries 500 g
Demerara Sugar (4 tbsp) 40 g
Cinnamon and Raisin Loaf (slices, 7 units) 250 g
Butter (softened) 25 g
1. Heat oven to 220 C/200 C fan/gas 7.
2. Tumble 3/4 of the berries into a medium baking dish. Whizz the remainder of the berries in a food processor to make a puree, then stir this into the dish along with 2 tbsp sugar.
3. Spread the loaf slices with butter, then cut into triangles.
4. Cover the top of the fruit with the bread slices, then scatter with the rest of the sugar.
5. Cover with foil, bake for 10 mins, uncover the dish, then bake for 5 mins more until the fruit is starting to bubble and the bread is toasty.
Submit a review