Everyone loves chocolate mousse and now you can make your own with this simple recipe with a twist- the addition of chilli! A little chilli adds warmth to this dish without making it spicy and is a surprise those who eat it!
Dark Chocolate 70% 200 g
Double Cream 350 ml
Egg Whites 64 g
Honey 30 g (3 tbsp)
Caster Sugar 65 g
Chilli Powder 3 g
1. Break the chocolate into small cubes and place in a bowl over a pan of water. Gradually heat the water to melt the chocolate.
2. Whip the cream with an electric whisk until it starts to thicken and keep to one side.
3. For the meringue, whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk at full speed. When the whites appear glossy and stiff, gradually sprinkle in the sugar until it's all been added. Continue to whisk for 1 minute and then add the honey.
4. Add the melted chocolate to the meringue and gently fold until combined. Add the chilli and stir to combine.
5. Finally gently fold in the cream to the chocolate meringue mix.
6. Spoon the mousse into bowls, decorate with chilli and dusted cocoa powder. It can be eaten as soon as it's made, but it is best left for an hour in the fridge.
Submit a review