This recipe is a take on a classic carrot cake, they are spiced with cinnamon and dotted with raisin and grated carrot. They are also a good source of fibre and dairy free.
Carrots 250 g
Wholemeal Flour 175 g
Honey 130 g
Eggs 120 g (2 units)
Coconut Oil 110 g
Raisins 60 g
Baking Powder 10 g
Cinnamon 5 g
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a bun/muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Wash, peel and grate the carrots and place them in a bowl. Add the honey, eggs and coconut oil. Mix until combined.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the bowl. Add the raisins and mix well to ensure the flour is fully incorporated.
4. Fill each paper case three-quarters high with the mix, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Turn out onto a cooling rack and enjoy warm or leave to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Submit a review