Omelettes are so easy to make and this recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Not only is this omelette recipe low in salt and sodium but it is suitable for both coeliacs and vegetarians.
Red Pepper 160 g (1 unit)
Yellow Pepper 160 g (1 unit)
Aubergine 130 g (1 unit)
Courgette 80 g (1 unit)
Onion 150 g (1 unit)
Potato 135 g (1 unit)
Rapeseed Oil 15 ml (1 tbsp)
Garlic 12 g (4 cloves)
Pepper 1 g
Chilli Flakes 2 g
Eggs 500 g (8 medium eggs)
Full Fat Milk 100 ml (1/2 mug)
Cheese 50 g
Parsley 3 g
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Chop the red pepper, yellow pepper, aubergine and courgette. Place in a bowl.
3. Peel and chop the onion and potato then place in a bowl along with the other vegetables.
4. Crush the garlic and add with the rapeseed oil to the bowl of vegetables.
5. Season with black pepper and chilli flakes and spread in a single layer in a roasting tray and roast for 15-20 minutes.
6. Line an oven proof baking dish with parchment paper and transfer the roasted vegetables to the dish.
7. Reduce the oven temperature to 180C.
8. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a jug. Add two thirds of the cheese and all the parsley.
9.Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Shake the dish gently to allow the egg to spread to the base, sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
10. Bake the omelette for 20 minutes or until top is golden and the centre is set.
11. Let it rest for a couple of minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Submit a review