Protein and carbohydrate-packed coeliac-friendly lunch or dinner option with a spicy flavour.
Basmati and Wild Rice 360 g
Chicken Stock Cube (1 unit) 5 g
Chicken Breast (thinly sliced) 500 g
Ground Cumin (2 tsp) 10 g
Chilli Flakes 2 g
Coriander (roughly chopped) 10 g
Sunflower Oil (1 tbsp) 10 ml
Red Pepper (2 units) 320 g
Kidney Beans (rinsed and drained) 400 g
Spring Onions (thinly sliced) 50 g
1. Put the rice into a saucepan, cover with water, crumble in the stock cube, then bring to the boil. Stir the rice once, then simmer for about 20 mins until tender. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, toss the chicken in the spices and coriander.
3. Heat a pan, add the oil, tip in the peppers, then stir-fry for 3 mins until starting to soften.
4. Add the chicken, then fry until golden, about 5 mins.
5. Add the rice, beans and spring onions, then warm through.
Submit a review