Forget shop-bought cans of baked beans, this homemade version elevates the mere beans on toast to another level. This vegetarian beans on toast dish is low in salt and sodium and perfect for a tasty breaskfast or afternoon meal!
Onion 30 g (1/2 small)
Red Pepper 80 g (1/2 unit)
Olive Oil 5 ml (1tsp)
Garlic Clove 3 g (1 unit)
Chopped Tomatoes 200 g (1/2 tin)
Paprika 2 g
Red Wine Vinegar 10 ml (1 tbsp)
Mixed Beans 200 g (1/2 tin)
Bread 74 g (2 slices)
Butter 7 g
Parsley 2 g
1. Chop the onion and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, and add the onion and pepper, and fry gently for about 10 minutes, until soft.
3. Crush the garlic and add this to the pan, along with the chopped tomatoes, paprika, vinegar, beans.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 mins or until slightly reduced and thickened.
5. Toast the bread and spread with butter.
6. Spoon the beans over the toast and garnish with parsley.
Submit a review