This one pot casserole is perfect for midweek meals. It's gluten, dairy, wheat and egg free and it's also vegetarian and vegan, making it a great choice for various dietary requirements!
Almonds 50 g
Sea Salt 1 g
Olive Oil 6 g
Ginger 5 g
Cumin 2 g
Coriander Seeds 2 g
Carrot 120 g
Celery 60 g
Lentils 150 g
1. Firstly, put the almonds in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt, add hot water and leave to soak.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over low-moderate heat. Gently fry the ginger, cumin and coriander seeds, stirring continuously.
3. Add the sliced carrots and celery, and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Finally, add the lentils and stir.
4. Now add the water and bring the pan to the boil and reduce the heat to a simmer for approx 20 minutes.
5. While the dish is simmering, peel the almonds and add them to the pan and stir until mixed through.
6. Season the dish to taste. Serve and garnish with a few sprigs of coriander if desired.
Submit a review