This delicious mixed seafood pie is the ulimate comfort food. The recipe could be easily portioned in ramekins and served at a dinner party and it will definitely go down a treat!
Butternut Squash 25 g
Potatoes 900 g
Butter 10 g
Shallots 100 g
Fennel 115 g
White Wine 400 ml
Fish Stock Cubes 20 g (2 units)
Water for the Stock 2275 ml
Creme Fraiche 500 ml
Selection of Fish - Salmon, Halibut, Haddock, Cod 800 g
Lemon Juice 60 ml
Thyme 1 g
Prawns 200 g
Tarragon 1 g
Parsley 1 g
Milk 10 ml
Egg Yolk 40 g
Salt 1 g
Pepper 1 g
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Cut the butternut squash and add it to a roasting tray with small amount of oil. Cook for 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and cut them into even size pieces. Boil for 20 minutes.
3. Gently heat the butter in a large pan and cook the shallots and fennel until soft. Add the wine and continue cooking until the volume is reduced by half.
4. Now add the stock and again allow the volume to reduce to half. Pour in the creme fraiche and simmer until you achieve a sauce-like consistency. Season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
5. Skin the fish and cut into large chunks. Place in pan, cover with water, add a squeeze of lemon juice and thyme, and poach for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the water and fold into the cooled down sauce.
6. Add the prawns, tarragon, parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Stir until the mixture is combined.
7. Remove the butternut squash from the oven and add to the fish mixture.
8. Transfer to an ovenproof baking dish.
9. Mash the potatoes with a little milk and butter, and beat in the egg yolks.
10. Add the potato over the fish mixture sauce and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Submit a review