Recipe of the Month Feta Avocado and Red Peppers Salad
Recipe of the month - Feta, avocado, & red pepper salad with honey-lime dressing
This deliciously light, yet filling, summer salad takes 15 minutes to prepare and is packed full of wonderful nutrients. The ingredients below should provide ample servings for 4 people. Enjoy!
- 100 g feta cheese
- 145 g ripe avocado
- 320 g red pepper
- 400 g can of cannellini beans
- 200 g iceberg lettuce
- 80 g limes
- 5 g clear honey
- 5 g Dijon mustard
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- For the dressing, grate one lime into a large salad bowl, and squeeze the juice of both limes on top. Add the honey, mustard and oil and whisk with a fork until blended.
- Crumble the feta into small chunks using your fingers. Peel, stone, and chop the avocados. De-seed and chop the peppers. Drain and rinse the beans. Shred the lettuce.
- Mix all the ingredients together in the salad bowl and serve.
The healthpro Menu Mentoring® team have analysed this dish to give you the following nutritional information;
WF = Wheat Free, GF = Gluten Free, C = Coeliac Friendly, LSF = Low Saturated Fat, V = Vegan, and 1 healthpro symbol = less that 300 kcals
© healthpro / 2014
Published on 7 June 2014 | Back to June Articles