Recipe of the Month Chicken Avocado and Radish Salad
Chicken, Avocado and Radish Salad
This chicken with avocado and radish salad combines some of our favourite ingredients into a wonderfully tasteful and nutritious meal.
Here's the ingredients you need to serve two people;
300g free range chicken breasts (fat and skin removed)
60 g of red onion
180 g of avocado
20 g of radishes
100 g of mixed leaves
3 g of balsamic vinegar
20 g of extra virgin olive oil
3 g of wholegrain mustard
6 g of garlic (crushed and thinly sliced)
10 g of lemon juice
15 g of white wine
1 g of black pepper
- Combine the chicken breasts and the marinade in a sealed container, if possible overnight, or for whatever time permits in advance of cooking, in a refridgerator.
- Heat a large frying pan until hot and place the marinated chicken on it, cooking for approximately 4 - 5 minutes on each side. When cooked through, remove the chicken from the heat, let it rest for 2 - 3 minutes, and slice into thin strips.
- Mix the leaves, thinly sliced red onion, and quartered radishes in a large bowl and divide between 2 plates.
- Slice the avocado into wedges and place on top of the salad. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to finish.
- Arrange the chicken strips on top of the avocado.
We've analysed this beautifully simple dish to give you the following nutritional information;
Allergen Information: As indicated above, the dish contains mustard and sulphur dioxide. The dish is wheat-free (WF), gluten-free (GF), coeliac friendly (C), and diary-free (DF).
The dish is also designated low saturated fat (LSF), low salt (LS), low sodium (Na) and low sugar (S) and is awarded two healthpro symbols, indicating its status as a light meal (300 - 500 kcal).
© healthpro / 2014
Published on 3 June 2014 | Back to June Articles